If you have been using Clubhouse on Android already, then you may have been using an unofficial version of the app. Yes, this is because the app – which came to iOS in March 2020 – has only been available for iPhone users. Well, the good news is that there is a version available for the other team too now!
According to a blogpost welcoming Android users to the party, the app has started rolling out in beta already. This began with the U.S., with other English-speaking countries coming in shortly after which the rest of the world will follow.
It won’t work for all versions of Android though! The app currently supports Android devices using Android OS versions 8.0 and above. And you also ought to know that not all features available on iOS are fully available on Android yet.
Some of the features still to come include:
- Topic following
- Localization and in-app translations
- Club creation or club management
- Twitter account or Instagram account linking
- Update name or update username in-app
- Payments (currently U.S. only for iOS)
- You can report someone from their profile but reporting via the recent speaker choice will be coming soon
How to download Clubhouse for Android
You should be able to download the Android beta in the U.S. now. If you are outside of the U.S., you can go to the Play Store, search for Clubhouse, and pre-register to be notified as soon as the app is available in your country. Find it in the Play Store here or search for “Clubhouse” in the Play Store.