We are days away from the 2021 Uganda Social Media Conference that is organized by Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) in Uganda & South Sudan. This year’s edition is set to be held virtually in August 2021 on 25th – 26th, at Kampala Sheraton Hotel.
The objectives of the social media conference include facilitating the exchange of information and best practices on digital cooperation and social media diplomacy; identifying emerging social media issues, bring them to the attention of the relevant public bodies and the general public.
Additionally, it seeks to contribute to capacity building for Internet governance in Africa, drawing fully on local sources of knowledge and expertise; and rallying stakeholders to take part in the call.
Who are the speakers at the 2021 Uganda Social Media Conference?
The list of expected speakers and panelists across nine topics at this year’s Social Media Conference consists of 34 persons, from various disciplines proposing ways and means to accelerate the access, usage, and availability of social media.
Here is the list!
- Dr. William Tayeebwa – Senior Lecturer and Research Fellow of American Council of Learned Societies
- Adonia Ayebare – Ugandan Ambassador to the UN
- Opolot Nicholas – Programme Officer, Konrad Adenaeur Stiftung Uganda and South Sudan
- Anna Reismann – Country Director, KAS Uganda
- Raymond Mujuni – Investigative Journalist
- Kwezi Tabaro – Deputy Director, LéO Africa Institute
- Wanjuhi Njoroge – Founder, People Planet Africa
- Besigye Andrew – Public Policy and Communications Expert, Ministry of ICT
- Awel Uwihanganye – Founder, LéO Africa Institute
- Dr. Paul Kasenene – Wellness and Nutrition Specialist
- Alex Taremwa – Digital Journalist and Academic, Aga Khan University, Kenya
- Moses Owiny – ED Centre for Multilateral Affairs Uganda (CfMA)
- Dr. Okello Ayen – Director Public Health & Environment, Kampala Capital City Authority
- Jacob Eyeru – Chairperson of the National Youth Council
- Mathias Kamp – Policy Advisor East Africa, Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung
- Abubakar Matanda – Advocate and ANT Youth Leader
- Adeke Anna – District Woman MP, Soroti
- Agnes Igoye – Deputy National Coordinator Anti-Trafficking – Directorate of Immigration
- Solomon Serwanjja – Executive Director, AIIJ
- Lynna Abaho – Labour Support Officer, Ministry of Gender
- Ojok Okello – Social Commentator, Humanitarian, and Entrepreneur
- Rushongoka Wa Mpiira – Sustainability Expert
- Pesh Ahumuza – Digital Communications Consultant, Social Media Influencer and Feminist
- Blanshe Musinguzi – Journalist, Africa Report
- Denis Nabende – URSB Corporate Affairs Manager
- Dr. Benedict Akimana – Pyschiatrist, Butabika Hospital
- Susan Nandudu – Executive Director, ACTADE
- Peter Benhur Nyeko – CEO, Mandulis Energy
- Cathy Adengo – Stanbic Bank Uganda, Head of Sustainability
- Claire Leduc – Cooperation Attache, French Embassy
- Tricia Bigirwa – Feminist writer, lawyer, and activist
- Patience Atuhaire – BBC Reporter
- Allan Chekwech – Co-Head Production Hub, Nation Media Group Uganda
- Aka Dope – Band